We are seeking an operations manager to work between our Bellevue and Yakima office locations. As the practice expands to include new office sites and pathology processing, we seek a candidate with the confidence and initiative to ensure the practice continues to thrive and offer the highest excellence in service. We are looking for a well-rounded team player with great attention to detail, and a self-starter with strong work ethic. The candidate must possess impeccable customer service skills and feel confident providing direct administrative support to physicians in a fast paced environment; working effectively while managing multiple project deadlines. Desired candidates should hold a graduate degree and demonstrate prior achievement in a high growth environment.
The role of operations manager includes office site management at all locations, and frequent travel within Washington is to be expected. Other responsibilities include staff training and support, bookkeeping, payroll, supply and inventory management, special event coordination, and marketing. Compensation will be determined by prior experience.
Patient Care Support:
- Oversee and support day-to-day office activities such as delivering the Dermatology Arts patient experience, efficiencies of office operations, and resolving employee matters.
- Model company values and embody the “does whatever it takes” approach.
- Support the needs of our physicians; proactively helping them focus on our patients.
- Facilitate and assure top quality communication among patients, doctors, employees and managing members.
- Constantly assess patient flow, wait times, and schedules. Take action to resolve delays and maximize patient comfort.
- Resolve issues in a real-time environment, such as employee relations, customer service, ordering or materials requisitions, financial issues, patient concerns, etc.
- Direct and coach employees to provide top quality patient care, including proper advance preparation of patient care areas, medical records.
- Engage in regular performance management activities of staff to include selection, coaching, cross-training, evaluating performance, etc.
- Understand all staff processes and protocols, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Ensure that all new hire paperwork is completed and forwarded to corporate office. Review clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Create and maintain all staff schedules (physicians, medical staff, administrative). Create and maintain vacation and leave schedules for office employees. Provide coverage for staff members (as applicable).
- Assure that the office’s physical facilities are properly maintained and in excellent condition at all times. Build working relationship with Property Management.
- Develop relationships with referring physician offices to strengthen Dermatology Arts’ presence in the community.
- Utilize innovative marketing strategies to connect with new patients.
- Manage the practice website and Dermatology Arts’ online profile.
- Payroll function - Review employee timecards for accuracy before submission for processing.
- Perform administrative tasks required by the business, e.g. bank deposits, invoices, reports, etc.
- Coordinate with billing team to ensure smooth and accurate information flow.
- Assist and oversee the accurate and timely collection of copays, coinsurance, deductibles and patient balances.
- Audit office practices, documentation, and processes to assure adherence to company policies and procedures, including but not limited to: auditing patient charts, monitoring interactions with patients, quality control of various accounting reports, etc.
- Act with integrity to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ensure clinic and staff is in-line with all medical regulations that are required of business model, i.e. OSHA, HIPAA, etc.
This position directly supervises employees including front desk, medical assistants, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified registered nurse anesthetists and consultants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be proficient with MS Office /iOS and have the ability to learn a variety of computer operating systems. Experience and knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, and technical journals. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers or employees of the organization. Should be able to handle sensitive and confidential matters in an appropriate way.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
50% travel possibility between office locations.
Interested applicants should contact: