The entire Dermatology Arts team is known for their gracious attention to detail.
Samir Master, MD, MBA
Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa
First moved to Seattle: 1993
College: Northwestern University
Medical School: Northwestern University
Business School: Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern
Residency: University of Washington, University of Michigan, Georgetown University Hospital / Washington Hospital Center
WELL-KNOWN and LITTLE-KNOWN FACTS
- Enjoys foreign languages and patient from diverse geographies; regularly translates written instructions into other languages
- Married seventeen years (the record for longest marriage among our patients is 72 years!!)
- Worked for the Chairman of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Bernard Arnault's investment team, Groupe Arnault
- Backed Reed Hastings and the Netflix Team while serving on the Netflix Board of Directors www.netflix.com (NASDAQ: NFLX); helped founders to avoid dilution during dot-com downturn
- Led HealthAllies.com financing where he backed founder, now current Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Acting Director (yes, that's a really big deal), Andy Slavitt and served on the HealthAllies.com Board of Directors
- Lived in Basel, Switzerland, where he served as Global Vice-President of Business Development for Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- When you meet him, you are likely to say he has a lot of energy! Incidentally, he completed his Bachelor's degree, MBA and MD degrees all together in seven years
- Has his own “box” (you’ll know what that means if you CrossFit–he hasn’t been WODing for a year–give him a hard time!)
Casey Carlos, MD, PhD
Hometowns: Pittsburgh, PA & Seattle, WA
First moved to Seattle: 1985 and then returned in 2015
College: The Pennsylvania State University
Medical & Graduate School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Dermatology Residency: University of Pennsylvania, Chief Resident 2010-2011
Dermatopathology Fellowship: University of Michigan
Dr. Carlos joined Dermatology Arts after practicing dermatology and dermatopathology for three years at the University of California San Diego. She attended Assumption School (now Assumption-St. Bridget’s) in Seattle’s Ravenna/Bryant neighborhood. Her family, originally from Pittsburgh, took her back to the East Coast for high school where she remained to complete her advanced training. After several years back East, her family decided to return to the Pacific Northwest and Dr. Carlos has been making her way back to the Seattle area since then.
Dr. Carlos is passionate about patient-centered care and next generation physician training. She served as Chief Resident at the University of Pennsylvania & as residency program co-director at UCSD, and has received local and national teaching awards. In addition to working at Dermatology Arts, she holds an appointment with the University of Washington Division of Dermatology through which she staffs the Hall Health clinic one half-day weekly. She enjoys caring for patients of all ages and with any type of skin issue. She is particularly interested in infectious disease and tropical dermatology.
In her non-dermatology time, Dr. Carlos enjoys running, world travel, spending time with her family and her dog. She and her sisters are determined to experience each of the fifty-eight US national parks together. Dr. Carlos and her sisters visited an additional nine National Parks in 2016 bringing their total to thirty-four!
Associates & Staff
Liz Schuringa, ARNP
Bellevue office provider. Biography forthcoming
Front Office Lead